On 16/06/2010 21:02, Stephen Hansen wrote:
On 6/16/10 12:21 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
I actually don't know how to report such things because of the
combination of c.l.py, gmane.comp.python.general and
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list, possibly others?.
Could somebody please show the correct direction?

It depends on its source.

If the email is posted on usenet, really the only hope you have is
abuse@<their domain>  and prayer. I.e. ab...@theirisp.com

Gmail has its own report form:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=abuse

If its over Google Groups, you can go find the offending message in
Google Groups, and click 'more options', 'Report this Message' -- I have
little hope this is very effective, considering the state of Groups.

If its posted to the mailing list itself, the list admins can take
action. I dunno how often they do (then again, this sort of stuff never
originates from the mailing list)

Thanks Stephen,

But likely to be difficult as (presumably he) has already turned up this evening as smallpox.

Should we ever catch up with him, is there a module in the stdlib or on pypi that let's you stretch piano wire tightly around his testicles? And I'm *NOT* joking!

Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.