DivX wrote:
On 20 lip, 12:46, Steven D'Aprano <st...@remove-this-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 03:19:48 -0700, DivX wrote:
On 20 lip, 02:52, Steven D'Aprano <st...@remove-this-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
[...]
I think that mixing assembly and python is a gimmick of very little
practical significance. If you really need the extra performance, check
out PyPy, Cython, Pyrex and Psyco.
--
Steven
I can agree with you about most of the arguments, but why he continues

--
Steven

Be sure I will ask him, but before, I wanted to know your opinions
about it. Hear arguments on both sides...

Something's intrinsically wrong with the argument made in this thread against generating assembly code. That's exactly what happens every time you write code in C. The real question is whether the code generator your friend is writing is better than the ones written by dozens of C gurus over the years, and better tuned to the requirements of his particular processor. Naturally, better can be measured in several ways.

For example, I have a processor for which no C compiler is available. So if I were to want optimized assembler, I might need to write one myself, or use the language for which such a code generator has been written.

DaveA