"dierkerdm...@mail.com" <dierkerdm...@mail.com> writes:
> my python project crashes in a non reproducible way. With gdb I got
> the backtraces given below.
> How can I possibly figure out the reason for the segfaults that occur
> under Linux and Windows, using Python 2.6 in both cases.

It's a big C program and you have to debug it as one.  Well, first of
all try upgrading to the newest versions and see if there is already a
fix.  Be especially suspicious of any C extension modules you're using.
There are also some compile time options that let you rebuild Python
with extra consistency checks for reference counts.  Turn those on and
see what happens.