Ben Finney wrote:
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da...@druid.net> writes:

No.  You are giving me math and logic but the subject was common
sense.

Common sense is often unhelpful, and in such cases the best way to teach
something is to plainly contradict that common sense.

Common sense, for example, would have the Earth as a flat surface with
the Sun and Moon as roughly-identically-sized objects orbiting the
Earth. Is it better to pander to that common sense, or to vigorously
reject it in order to teach something more useful?

I could'nt agree more. If it was not for my scolarship, I would gladly think that the earth is flat and the sun is moving around. It took thousands of years for *1* man to figure out that was wrong. So if there is one thing that common sense is not helpful, then that thing is finding the Truth.

JM

"Ignorance is the mother of all traditions" (V. Hugo)