On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 23:17 +0000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:40:52 +0200, Frederic Rentsch wrote:
>
> > How about

> > That should create a list of all objects whose .number is 100. No need
> > to cycle through a loop.
>
> What do you think the list comprehension does, if not cycle through a
> loop?
>

> --
> Steven

What I think is that list comprehensions cycle through a loop a lot
faster than a coded loop (for n in ...:). As at the time of my post only
coded loops had been proposed and the OP was concerned about speed, I
thought I'd propose a list comprehension. I guess my explanation was
poorly phrased. Thanks for the reminder.

Frederic