Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:00:16 +0000, Martin Gregorie wrote:

Recursion can be quite a trick to get your mind round at first

Really? Do people actually find the *concept* of recursion to be tricky?

I onced worked in a shop (Win32 desktop / accouting applications mainly) where I was the only guy that could actually understand recursion. FWIW, I also was the only guy around that understood "hairy" (lol) concepts like callback functions, FSM, polymorphism, hashtables, linked lists, ADTs, algorithm complexity etc...

Needless to say, I didn't last long !-)