M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
If you are working on Windows, you can install the MS MDAC package to
get a hold of the MS FoxPro ODBC drivers. They are usually already installed
in Vista and 7, in XP they comes with MS SQL Server and MS Office as
well. mxODBC can then provide Python access on Windows, mxODBC Connect
on other platforms.

If you want direct files access on other platforms, you can use
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dbf/
                 ^--- I'm the author if this package  :)

or http://dbfpy.sourceforge.net/.
^--- from the quick skim of the code, I think mine does more at this point (memos, adding/deleting/renaming fields in existing tables, in-memory indexes, unicode support, export to csv,tab,fixed formats, field access via attribute/dictionary/index style (e.g. table.fullname or table['fullname'] or table[0] if fullname is the first field), very rudimentary sql support, etc.)

If you want to add support for index files (which the above two don't
support), you could also have a look at this recipe for some
inspiration:

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/362715-dbf-reader-and-writer/

I didn't see anything regarding the .idx or .cdx files in this recipe.  :(

Thanks for your time, though!
--
~Ethan~