Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
flebber wrote:

Has anyone had much success with python macro's. Or developing powerful
macro's in an language?

I did an application for my own use recently, involving automatically
generating invoices in editable OOWriter format from my billing database. I
gave up on all the PyUNO stuff, and used ODFPY instead—so much easier to
generate ODF directly, without having to go through OpenOffice code.

And OpenOffice has been able to open the results for final tweaking just
fine.

A nice package to manipulate Ooo text documents with python is the pod module of the appy framework. It uses the same approach with a twist.