Thorsten Kampe wrote:
* Steven D'Aprano (27 May 2011 03:07:30 GMT)
Okay, I've stayed silent while people criticize me long enough. What exactly did I say that was impolite?

Nothing.

John threw down a distinct challenge:

if Python is really so much better than Python [sic] readability wise, why do I have such a hard time dropping
    Perl and moving on?
[...]
If I got it wrong about John, oh well, I said it was a guess, and
trying to get inside someone else's head is always a chancy business.

Why were you trying to speculate in response to such a - sorry - dumb[1] question?

He asked the question not once, but multiple times (IIRC at least three, possible more) -- after a while it stops being rhetorical.

I would say also, if you don't want an answer, don't ask the question.

~Ethan~