rantingrick wrote:

So you prefer to close a gazillion windows one by one?

If I want to close all the windows, I can use the application's
"Quit" or "Exit" command, or whatever the platform calls it.

(Note that if there is a separate instance of the application
for each window -- as was suggested earlier -- then you don't
have that option, and you have to close them one by one
anyway.)

There's no way you could write Row and Column functions for
Tkinter that work like that -- they would have to take parent
widgets as arguments, and you wouldn't be able to nest the
calls.

WRONG! A function or class structure can handle this just fine.

class DumbDialog(tk.Toplevel):
    def __init__(self, master, **kw):
        w=tk.Label(master, text="Caution: Your underpants are on
fire.")
        w.pack()
        w=tk.Button(master, text="OK").pack()
        w=tk.Button(master, text="Cancel").pack()

Which is *exactly* what I said you would have to do in
Tkinter! Each widget creation requires a separate statement,
with the parent passed in at each step. This is nowhere
near as convenient as the nested function call style.

--
Greg