Thorsten Kampe <thors...@thorstenkampe.de> writes:

> The "perfect programming font" is just the one that looks so good that
> you would also use it for writing email. Dejavu Sans Mono is pretty
> good. Consolas looks also looks good but it is Windows only.

How is Consolas Windows only? Not that I'd put it in my Windows-free
systems, but I don't see why you couldn't? Everything uses TrueType
fonts now.

I use a font called Dina on this laptop in Emacs. Not pretty but very
readable, has a slashed zero and the wide characters are clearly
separated, so something like www looks like three ws, not a block of
triangle wave.