On 7/28/2011 8:10 AM, W. eWatson wrote:
On 7/28/2011 6:19 AM, Jerry Hill wrote:
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:26 PM, W. eWatson<wolftra...@invalid.com>
wrote:
.py=Python.File
.pyw=Python.NoConFile
Python.File="C:\Python25\python.exe" "%1" %*
Python.File="C:\Python25\python.exe" "%1" %*
Python.NoConFile="C:\Python25\pythonw.exe" "%1" %*

That all looks good.

I cannot copy from the cmd window. It ends with [errorno 13] Permission
denied to c:||Users\\Wayne\\idlerc\\recent-files.lst'

That sounds like the root of the problem, then. I'm assuming Wayne is
your username, but I don't know why you wouldn't have permission to
access something in your own user directory. Can you try deleting
that file in the windows explorer? You could try messing with the
permissions, but I doubt you care about a recent file list that sounds
several months old. You might even try removing (or renaming) the
whole C:\Users\Wayne\idlerc folder. Idle should re-build anything it
needs if it's not there when you start up.

It's a hidden file. I tried deleting w/o success so changed the name.
The file was dated 5/??/2010.

I tried the usual method of right-click on junk.py to see if Edit with
IDLE would appear in the menu. It didn't, so I tried a right-click to
Choose default program to idle.pyw. Using it again gave me an invalid
32-bit message.

I am able to get a proper response at the command level by entering
pythonw.exe. >>> print "abc" works fine. I've forgotten how to get out
of >>>. I'm killing the command window.
idle.pyw brings up IDLE at the command level.