On Dec 15, 2:44 pm, Eelco <hoogendoorn.ee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In other words, what logic needs is a better exception-handling
> system, which completes the circle with programming languages quite
> nicely. :)

Cute... but dangerously recursive (if taken literally)
Remember that logic is the foundation of programming language
semantics.
And your idea (suggests) that programming language semantics be made
(part of) the foundation of logic.

Of course I assume you are not being very literal.
Still the dangers of unnoticed circularity are often... well
unnoticed :-)

eg. McCarthy gave the semantics of lisp in lisp -- a lisp interpreter
in lisp is about a page of code.

It probably was a decade before someone realized that the same
semantics would 'work' for lazy or applicative (eager) order
evaluation.

This then begs the question what exactly it means for that semantics
to 'work'...