On 12/27/2011 6:27 PM, Ian Kelly wrote:
On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 6:21 PM, W. eWatson<wolftra...@invalid.com>  wrote:
Well, it found several problems. These DLLs
MSVCP1
EFSADU
MSJAVA.

I'm guessing MSVCP1 is a typo for MSVCP71?  If that is missing then
that is probably the culprit.  That DLL is the C runtime library.  It
is supposed to be shipped with applications that need it, but it is so
ubiquitous that it is often assumed to be present or forgotten.  You
can download it from
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71 (or just
find it on another Windows XP PC) and copy it into
C:\Windows\System32.  Don't forget to run regsvr32 to register it.

HTH,
Ian
You are very likely right about the spelling. I wrote it down, and carried it to this PC. Sometimes I can't read my own writing.

I've never used regsvr32, but I would guess it's entered into the Run (simple dialog for MS tools like regedit) selection off the Start menu.