Hi!  I'm working on a script utilizing os.makedirs to make directories
to which I'm then trying to write files created by exe's spawned w/
subprocess.call; I'm developing in Stani's Python Editor, debugging
using Winpdb.  I've gotten to the point where
subprocess.Popen._execute_child is raising a WindowsError(5,'Access is
denied') exception.  I've tried: setting the mode in the makedirs
call; using os.chmod(<dir>, stat.S_IWRITE); and even setting a
breakpoint before the subprocess.call and unsetting the read-only
attribute of the pertinent directory tree using the Windows directory
Properties dialog--which doesn't "take," if that's a clue--all to no
avail.  I suspect that maybe it has to do w/ not running Winpdb as
administrator, but I'm not sure how to do that when starting Winpdb
from w/in SPE, and in any event, it doesn't seem reasonable that
there's no way to get this to work w/in the script itself.  Please
help!