I'm looking at developing some tools that involve pygame+pyopenal and would like to make cross-platform distribution as painless as possible. Is there a "best practice" for doing this without forcing the user to install Python, install (say) pip, pull down pygame & pyopenal and install those, install my (simple) app, and then finally run it?

On Debian, installation of all the prerequisites would just be

  apt-get install pygame python-openal

(which, via a local apt repository, I could flag as dependencies of my app and package it as .deb) but it gets hairier on Mac & Win32.

-tkc