On 1/18/2012 4:02 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
On 17/01/2012 10:48, Vinay Sajip wrote:

How about an option that defaults to "backwards compatibility mode" for
Python 2.7, flipped the other way in 3.3?

2.7 only gets bug fixes, and this does not seem to be one.

It's not a bug, because it's like that by design. I understand that
you don't agree with that particular design decision, but it's out
there now. What you're asking for isn't unreasonable, but not
achievable without a change in behaviour.

See above ;-)

I don't want people to have to code differently for Python 3.3 and for
older versions.

This is not a general policy, else we would never add new features ;-)
Do you plan to keep logging feature-frozen forever, or just for another release? (I actually think is a good idea to fix bugs, tests, and docs first.)

--
Terry Jan Reedy