On 23/02/2012 23:13, Manish Sharma wrote:
Hi I am new to python language. On my first day, somebody told me that
if any python script file is opened with any editor except python
editor, the file is corrupted. Some spacing or indentation is changed
and script stops working. I was opening the script file in Windows
using Notepad++ but I didn't save anything and closed it. Still it was
suggested to never open the python file in any other editor.

Can anybody please verify this? Can opening a python script in any
editor other than python editor corrupt the script? Did anybody ever
face such type of issue or its just misunderstanding of the concept.

I hope this group is the best place to ask this. Please reply !

:)
Manish

I don't think so, I have used EDIT, Notepad, Notepad++ and they all work fine.

PS: What's the "python editor" you were advised to stick with, by the way ?

--
~Jugurtha Hadjar,