On 4/1/2012 1:57 PM, Irmen de Jong wrote:
On 1-4-2012 22:11, W. eWatson wrote:
To solve this problem I thought I would install the software on my laptop Win7
PC. When
I tried PIL.1.1.6 I got several unexpected messages that seem to indicate
things were
not going well. I have stopped to find out if it is really possible to install
this
suite of software on Win7. Is it possible? If not, will uninstalling Python
also remove
PIL?

I'm using PIL 1.1.7 (the latest version available from effbot's website) on
Windows 7.
Admittedly, with Python 2.7.2, but there's an installer for Python 2.5 as well.
I assume it should work just fine.

What errors were you seeing?

And no, uninstall Python won't remove PIL - it has its own uninstaller.

Irmen

I'm going to uninstall Python on my XP laptop, and get my friend's laptop tomorrow. I'll work on his problem here. I have a desktop xp that works for the app I'm concerned about.