PHP is a language that I wish would die off quickly and
gracefully.  I feel like the good things of PHP have already
been subsumed into the ecosystems of stronger programming
languages (including Python).

The one killer feature PHP has to offer over other languages: ease of efficient deployment on cheap/free hosting. When I go to deploy Python projects, it ends up either being as slow CGI on the cheap/free hosting, or it ends up needing WSGI/gunicorn/whatever on a more expensive service (whether shared, VPS, or full hardware).

I dream of a day that deploying Python/Django apps is as cheap/easy as deploying PHP code.

-tkc