Cool steven, very helpful

I have a db which holds units data it will avoids me to do such format conversion.

Thnx

Cheers
Karim

Le 15/05/2012 10:30, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
I am pleased to announce a new release of byteformat.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/byteformat

byteformat is a Python module for intelligently formatting numbers of
bytes using common human-readable strings:

from byteformat import format
format(12000)
'12 KB'
format(5100000, style='ABBREV')
'5.1 Mbytes'
format(48500000000000, style='LONG')
'48.5 terabytes'

byteformat understands SI decimal units, IEC binary units, and mixed
units:

format(12000, scheme='IEC')
'11.7 KiB'
format(12000, scheme='MIXED')
'11.7 KB'

You can also specify which prefix to use:

format(48500000000000, style='LONG', prefix='M')
'48500000 megabytes'

byteformat can be used as a command-line tool:

[steve@ando ~]$ python -m byteformat --prefix=K 1000 12300 145000
1 KB
12.3 KB
145 KB

byteformat understands all the relevant SI and IEC unit prefixes, and is
released under the MIT licence.