 From: "Narayanaswamy, Mohan" <mohan.narayanaswam...@sc.com>
To: David Shi <davidg...@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc: python-list@python.org
Sent: Monday, 4 June 2012, 15:56
Subject: RE: Where is the latest step by step guide to use Jython to
compilePython into Java?

David,

As per my knowledge, You can’t find steps to convert python into java anywhere.

1)      I am not expert in python, but familiar with Java. Python by default
uses python-vm and converts into byte code, which is not compatible with JVM
byte-code, Jython/Jruby/Jxxx are supporting languages on top of JVM. Jython is
executing python on top of JVM, by doing that, we can make use of java library
inside python and/or vice versa.
2)      Python is dynanmic programming (but strongly typed), java is
static-typed language.  Currently it is not possible to convert python into
java, since python types are dynamically identified, not identified during
compilation.

Regards
Mohan