On Jun 11, 9:09 am, Mark Roseman <m...@markroseman.com> wrote:

> Second, there does exist at least one fairly good source of
> documentation for new users wishing to do exactly this (according to
> many, many comments I have received), though that documentation is
> admittedly buried in a sea of out-of-date information that is still all
> too easy to find.

Well you Mark you have really hit it this time.

 * Outdated tuts are contributing to the slow adoption of Python3000
 * Outdated tuts are contributing the animosity towards Tkinter.
 * Poorly written tuts are doing even more damage.

I have pointed this out before with very little feedback from our
community members. So you know what i did... about two years ago i
start a quest to rid the WWW of old and outdated tutorials. I send out
email after email; begging; pleading, and yes even brown-nosing!...
and you know how many reposes i got? Three! Yes three! And one of the
three told me to eef-off.

The other two chaps not only updated their tutorials, they even sent
me a nice Thank you letter. Oh. And the one who told me to eff-off, he
re-read my email and decided he took it out of context and then he
updated his tut also.

You see. If "I", or me rather, the despised and hated "rantingrick"
can inspire three people to contribute positively to this community,
well, just imagine what you or *gasps* GvR could do! Is any heavy
weight willing to step forward and be heard? What say you? The silence
is deafening.