On 17/07/12 11:03, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Lipska the Kat<lip...@lipskathekat.com>  wrote:
Is Python truly OO or is it just one way to use the language. I see some
documentation relating to classes but nothing on instantiation .. in fact
the documentation appears to say that classes are used in a static way e.g
ClassName.method(), and command line scripting is really outside the scope
of other OO languages I have experienced.

It doesn't look like you're reading the section on classes:

http://docs.python.org/tutorial/classes.html

Thanks, I wasn't, there is too much to do and not enough time to do it.
So now I just need to chill out a bit and get into 'documentation reading mode' again

Polymorphism is "duck typed" --

Yes, I've been reading the wikipedia entry on this ... this type of polymorphism is not familiar to me ... I come from a Java background. more reading I guess.

snip

-- Devin

Thanks for your time and I'll try to do a bit better with the reading thing before asking more questions... not sure about this obsession with code indentation though :-|

--
Lipska the Kat: Troll hunter, Sandbox destroyer
and Farscape dreamer of Aeryn Sun.