"Eric S. Johansson" <e...@harvee.org> wrote in message news:mailman.2752.1343700723.4697.python-l...@python.org...
On 7/30/2012 9:54 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

It would please me greatly if you would be willing to try an experiment. live my life for a while. Sit in a chair and tell somebody what to type and where to move the mouse without moving your hands. keep your hands gripping the arms or the sides of the chair. The rule is you can't touch the keyboard you can't touch the mice, you can't point at the screen. I suspect you would have a hard time surviving half a day with these limitations. no embarrassment in that, most people wouldn't make it as far as a half a day.

Just using speech? Probably more people than you might think have had such experiences: anyone who's done software support over the telephone for a start! And in that scenario, they are effectively 'blind' too.

--
Bartc