On 12/08/2012 21:52, Gilles wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 07:56:26 +0200, Dieter Maurer
<die...@handshake.de> wrote:
You should probably read the mentioned forum resources to learn
details about the Python support provided by your web site hoster.

Yup, but so far, no answer, so I figured someone here might now.

Those articles seem to indicate that CGI isn't a good solution when
mod_python isn't available

Just to make a point: one person's "isn't a good solution" is another person's "works perfectly well for me". Modern servers are really quite quick: the cost of starting up a Python process and generating an HTML page can be really quite low. I've certainly had low-traffic production websites running for years on CGI without anyone complaining.

If speed was an issue or if I thought that I'd be getting more requests than I am then I'd consider a more sophisticated solution.

TJG