"Dave Angel" <d...@davea.name> wrote:

Why would you write some C-program just to save having two separate
files, one batch and one for the script?  For that matter, several
answers have given you approaches that didn't involve list
comprehensions, including merging the two in a single file, using an
initial variable of rem="""

Like I wrote; use popen() or system() from a C-program (an env-var
checker) that's not really related to Python programming. But rather to check various stuff needed for C-programming . Like walking the list of %INCLUDE / %C_INCLUDE_PATH dirs to figure out what headers are where. So I'd just as well add an option to check for Python paths too (if Python is installed that is).

What are your real constraints?  Are you just playing code-golf?

That too.

--gv