On 2012-10-20 21:03, Charles Hixson wrote:
If I run the following code in the same module, it works correctly, but
if I import it I get the message:
Exception RuntimeError: 'generator ignored GeneratorExit' in <generator
object getNxtFile at 0x7f932f884f50> ignored

def getNxtFile (startDir, exts = ["txt", "utf8"]):
      try:
          for    path    in    getNxtPath (startDir, exts):
              try:
                  fil    =    open (path, encoding = "utf-8-sig")
                  yield    fil
              except:
                  print ("Could not read:  ", path)
      except    GeneratorExit:
          raise    StopIteration

The message appears to be purely informational, but I *would* like to
fix whatever problem it's reporting, and none of the changes that I've
tried have worked.  What *should* I be doing?

That code has a bare except, which is virtually always a bad idea
because it swallows _all_ exceptions. Maybe, in this case, it's
swallowing an exception that would tell you the cause of the problem.