On 10/28/2012 09:09 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
Von: Donald Miller <damill...@gmail.com>
Can't directly save to jpg, so exported.
Export to jpg made png. Same for psd.
Shouldn't name track chosen format, so no manual override needed?
Maybe you had set the file-type chooser to this format?
The default "By extension" should do what you want, any other value is for
special cases like you've discovered, like ambiguous file name extensions.

Regards,
Michael
I am contending with a similar malfunction: I can export by extension, but when done Gimp closes. The exported file exists, but I need to restart Gimp after every export. No loss of capability, but annoying.

Judging by the flood of Gimp-related posts of late and the great variety of the issues raised, there seem to be major stability or environmental compatibility problems. I am running Gimp 2.6.12 on Ubunty 12.04. I found a Gimp user list (https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list) and intend to check it out the moment I get around to it.

Frederic