On 12/21/2012 3:31 AM, Rouslan Korneychuk wrote:

Although I'm not really in favor of using an operator for this sort of
thing either way, I can't help but notice the discussion seems to be
limited to Python's operators. If you're implementing Python yourself,
can't you define a new operator that is unambiguous?

Then the result is not exactly Python. The Python 3.3 Reference defines the Python 3.3 language. Supporting only a subset (as Brython does) is okay as long as the implementation only claims support for a subset (as Brython does).

--
Terry Jan Reedy