On Tue, 1 Jan 2013, Mitya Sirenef wrote:

On 01/01/2013 02:02 PM, Roy Smith wrote:
That's true with Vim, as well, especially when I'm making a custom
mapping and I can NEVER remember what some combination does, even though
if I actually needed to use it, it pops right out, so to find out, I
have to try it and then I say, "of course, dammit, I use this command 50
times every single day!"; so it's a curious case of one-directional
memory.

I've found writing macros helps me a lot in this regard. I do qa<stuff>q"aP
fairly frequently.

-W