On 01/03/2013 07:53 AM, Kene Meniru wrote:
Mitya Sirenef wrote:

>> So, how many instances do you want to make.. what kind of different
>> functionality / properties they will have?
>>
>> - mitya
>>

> I am porting a modeling system I created using POV-Ray scene description
> language available at sourceforge at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/kobldes/
>
> The user can create as many marks as possible (limited by memory available).
> The difference between each mark are the parameters provided i.e. name,
> length, and position in the scene. If the user wishes to customize part of > the program they must update the classes or create new ones before using it > in the scene. File "A" in my previous illustrations can be considered the
> scene file.

I'm not familiar with POV-Ray. I want to note that with python standard
style, class names look like this: ClassName, instances look like this:
instance_name; it sounds like you want LMark to be an instance? Or you
want instances in A to use class naming style?

Second, is the LMark instance only used to perform one set of actions?
If that's the case, you can have users instantiate it in A and the
__init__ method will do the set of actions you need -- this will be just
as easy for the user as the alternative.

 -m