On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM, rocky <ro...@gnu.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:12:49 -0500, Fabian von Romberg wrote:
>> > I have a package name collections and inside of my package I want to

> I find this kind of thing sad: it feels to me that programmers are working
> around somewhat arbitrary and changing restrictions. Rather than avoid names
> like "collections", why not try to address the underlying problem? There
> isn't an ambiguity here in my view: the fullname is mypackage.collections

You've said a couple of times now that the original author has a
package named "mypackage" with a module "collections" in it.  As far
as I can tell, that's untrue.  The original post claims to have a
package named "collections", which is colliding with the builtin
module of the same name.

As far as I can tell, all of your suggestions about using your
pyimport-relative tool aren't helpful unless the author re-names his
package from "collections" to "mypackage" and then moves all of their
code into a "collections" module inside "mypackage", right?

--
Jerry