On 05/21/2013 07:26 PM, Carlos Nepomuceno wrote:
I was looking for something else and just found what I think is the place where
I was first exposed to the myth[1]:

"Since str.format() is quite new, a lot of Python code still uses the % operator.
However, because this old style of formatting will eventually be removed from the
language, str.format() should generally be used."

Is this tutorial outdated or this still an issue?

It was exuberant wishful thinking.  ;)

While .format() does have its uses, % is in wide-spread use even among the
core-devs.  It's not going away any time soon.

--
~Ethan~