Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr...@gmail.com> writes:

> [code]
> root@nikos [/home/nikos/www/cgi-bin]# chmod g+w /var/log/httpd/suexec.log
> root@nikos [/home/nikos/www/cgi-bin]# ls -l /var/log/httpd/suexec.log
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 0 Jun 1 02:52 /var/log/httpd/suexec.log
> [/code]
>

> and still iam receiving the same error.....

What did you hope to accomplish with this second chmod? Nobody is in the
root group except root. I hope. My guess based on very minimal Googling
on the topic is you should change the group of /var/log/httpd/suexec.log
to apache.

Then again, I have no idea why you have both
/usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_log and /var/log/httpd/suexec.log, but the
former apparently has some data in it and the latter does not so
changing permissions on /var/log/httpd/suexec.log may not help...

Oh, apparently suexec prints its config if you run suexec -V, so include
that output if you still have problems.