Peter Otten schreef:
Fábio Santos wrote:

On 10 Jun 2013 23:54, "Roel Schroeven" <r...@roelschroeven.net> wrote:
You could do something like:

new_songs, old_songs = [], []
[(new_songs if s.is_new() else old_songs).append(s) for s in songs]

But I'm not sure that that's any better than the long version.
This is so beautiful!

It makes me cringe. This code does spurious work to turn what is naturally written as a for loop into a list comprehension that is thrown away immediately.

I agree. I see two problems with it: it's not very readable or pythonic, and it creates a list that is not needed and is immediately thrown away.

I wrote that code just to see if I could make it work that way. In real code I would never write it that way, let's make that clear :)

--
"People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of
proof but on the basis of what they find attractive."

r...@roelschroeven.net