On 6/17/2013 1:17 PM, Νίκος wrote:
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Simpleton <supp...@superhost.gr> wrote:
On 17/6/2013 5:22 μμ, Terry Reedy wrote:

When you interpret Python code, do you put data in locations with
integer addresses?

I lost you here.

Memory in biological brains is not a linear series of bits, or characters. How we do associate things is still mostly a puzzle.

Read about holographic memory.

The way some info(i.e. a Unicode string) is saved into the hdd , is the
same way its being saved into the memory too? Same way exactly?

No. A unicode string is a sequence of abstract characters or codepoints. They must be encoded somehow to map them to linear byte memory. There are still (too) many encodings in use. Most cannot encode *all* unicode characters.

CPython is unusual in using one of three different encodings for internal unicode strings.

While you said to me to forget about memory locations,

This is excellent advice. One of the *features* of Python is that one *can* forget about addresses. One of the *problems* of C is that many people *do* forget about memory locations, while virus writers study them carefully.

--
Terry Jan Reedy