On Thursday, July 4, 2013 5:32:59 PM UTC+10, cutems93 wrote:
> I am researching on editors for my own reference.

On the Windows platform there is the Zeus editor:
http://www.zeusedit.com/python.html

It does the standard syntax highlighting, code folding and smarting indent etc
etc.

It's also scriptable (in Python) making which makes it highly configurable.

The keyboard is fully configurable and my keyboard mapping of choice is Brief
(there's an EMACS keyboard mapping but no vim mapping).

I couldn't live without the keyboard macro record and playback.

The automatic ctags also helps to navigate large code bases.

User defined templates help with common programming constructs like if, while,
for etc.

I never was a big fan of code folding but have grow to use that feature a lot.

NOTE: I'm the author of Zeus, it is shareware, runs natively on the Windows
platform and can run on Linux using Wine.