Anyone know where I can get an easy to use Python class or algorithm for the Simplex optimization algorithm? I've tried the one in the link below, but I can't figure out if a) I'm using it properly, or b) where to get the solution. BTW, I tried some test scenarios using MS Excel's "Solver" and just can't get this algorithm to match Excel's results (which is spot on).

http://taw9.hubpages.com/hub/Simplex-Algorithm-in-Python

BTW, if I can't something to work, I'm going to be forced to use the VBA programmatic Excel interface. That wouldn't be too bad, but the data comes from a DB and getting it properly positioned to use Excel's "Solver" is very painful. A Python approach would be much cleaner.

Thanks,

TommyVee