>> If not, Linux, how about Python?
>>
>> http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/e2a411a429d6/Objects
>
> Or huge slabs of the OS/2 Presentation Manager, which is entirely
> object oriented and mostly C. It's done with SOM, so it's possible to
> subclass someone else's object using a completely different language.

Now this is the first real objection to my statement: OS/2 and the
Presentation Manager, or windowing system.

But, here it is significant that the user /consumer (i.e. *at the
workstation* mind you) is *making* the "object" because thier visual
system turns it into one.  Otherwise, at the C-level, I'm guessing
it's normal C code without objects, only struct-ured data.  That is,
you don't get all the OOP benefits like inheritance, polymorphism and
encapsulation.  C can do 2 of those, albeit kludgingly, but not all
three.  And without all three, it's not at all well-established that
you're doing real OOP.

--
MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington