On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 04:31:15AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> But when I switch in, as one of the plugins a new .py version of camview-
> emc, I get this when I attempt to run linuxcnc -l, where the -l is "use the
> same config as last time" option.
>
> Starting LinuxCNC...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/axis", line 3326, in <module>
>     _dynamic_tabs(inifile)
>   File "/usr/bin/axis", line 3182, in _dynamic_tabs
>     child = Popen(cmd)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 633, in __init__
>     errread, errwrite)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1139, in _execute_child
>     raise child_exception
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>
> No clue, even when straced, as to what file might be missing.
>
> So, how do I find out?
have you tried strace -e open -ff -ofile.log ?
(it is easy to miss something in the strace output & and with -ff you
also get subprocesses (in their own files, file.log.pid1,
file.log.pid2,...)

this however, does not really look like a python problem, as from the
look of it it misses some external executable it tries to Popen()

so, you should probably on some linuxcnc/camview-emc related mailling
list/forum.

regards,
albert

ps: a more descriptive subject line would be helpfull for people to
recognize what your post is about and then can quickly decide if they
want to look at it or not.