On 1/26/2014 7:31 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
My son sent me a link to an essay about highlighting program data
instead of keywords:

https://medium.com/p/3a6db2743a1e/

What it is doing is color coding user-supplied identifiers, with different color for each one. I found that confusing to read. The only use I can see for this is to track the usage of a particular name, but that would be better done by just highlighting one name at a time.

I think this might have value, especially if to could bounce back and
forth between both schemes. Is anyone aware of tools like this for
Python? Bonus points for pointers to an Emacs implementation.

--
Terry Jan Reedy