On 2014-02-02 15:39, Allison Gray wrote:
I recently obtained a new laptop with Windows 8.1 and installed
Python 2.7. Everything was working fine. Then after my first update,
I was unable to launch Python. After clicking the Python icon, the
thinking cursor activated, but Python never opened. I restored my
laptop to a time before the update, and am now able to run Python. I
have changed my automatic update setting to prevent this from
happening again but this is less than ideal. Has anyone had this
problem? Does anyone know what Windows setting would prevent Python
IDLE from opening?

Any help would be appreciated!!

I would've suggested re-installing Python. That would've been worth
trying.