On 02/06/2014 12:36 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Roel Schroeven wrote:
msus...@gmail.com schreef:

While editing this file I accidentally pushed TAB on the line with 'y = z
+ y'.

My suggestion: configure your editor to insert the appropriate amount of
spaces instead of a tab when you press the tab key.

+1 - tabs are evil.

Tabs are not evil, and an argument can be made that tabs are better (a decent editor can be configured to show x many spaces per tab, then users could decide how much indentation they preferred to see... but I digress).

Using spaces instead of tabs would also have not prevented the error that Msustik encountered, and for that matter we don't know whether he was using tabs or spaces in his source file, only that he hit the Tab key -- surely you are not suggesting everyone rip out their tab key and just hit the space bar four times for each level of indentation? ;)

--
~Ethan~