On Saturday, February 8, 2014 3:35:34 AM UTC-5, Rustom Mody wrote:
> On Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:11:53 PM UTC+5:30, cstru...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am writing a couple of class methods to build up several lines of html.
> > Some of the lines are conditional and most need variables inserted in them.
> >  Searching the web has given me a few ideas.  Each has its pro's and cons.
>

> For creating html the method of choice is a template engine -- cheetah, mako
>
> and a dozen others
>

> You can of course roll your own (poor mans version) template engine
>
> For that look up
>
> 1. triple quoted strings
>
> 2. format operator

I am using this with a template engine.  This method is going into a pyramid
view class which will be rendered with chameleon or any other template engine.
Actually it is going into a base class to be inherited into a view class.  The
idea is to setup all the parameters for the HTML when the view class is created
and reuse all that info for the initial page as well as all the ajax calls.

I didn't realize I could use formatting with triple quoted strings.  I will
look into that.