On 2014-02-24, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So pick any distro that strikes your fancy! Try it out! If it doesn't
> work out, pick a different one. Start with one that your friends use
> (if you have any), that way you can get immediate help.

That last bit of advice shouldn't be overlooked.  If you're new to
Linux, just about any mainstream distro for which you can easily get
help is going to be a go smoother than one for which you're left with
nothing but Google and web-based forums full of incoherent advice and
wrong answers.

Personally, I prefer Gentoo, but it's probably a bit too
nuts-and-bolts for many people.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm ZIPPY the PINHEAD
                                  at               and I'm totally committed