Using

Python 3.3.3 (v3.3.3:c3896275c0f6, Nov 18 2013, 21:18:40) [MSC v.1600 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32

to run a tkinter + pmw2 application I have the following error on windows xp sp3

Unhandled exception at 0x1e0aebb8 in python.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation
reading location 0x00000048.

the main window has appeared and the app is in a module search to find files/classes that might be relevant. VS 2010 indicates the error is some where in the python33 dll. The code appears to run fine in 2.7, but should be compatible with 3.3.x

Is my only hope to add more print statements or use pdb or should I try and compile python 3.3.x myself and get the search narrowed with VS? The issue is complicated by my having redirected all outputs to some message windows using fake files for stderr & stdout.

--
Robin Becker