Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 04:39:39 -0600, Ian Kelly wrote:

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Gregory Ewing

What's the obvious way
to spell in-place set intersection, for example?

I would expect it to be &=,

That's my point -- once you know the binary operator for
an operation, the corresponding in-place operator is
obvious. But there's no established standard set of
method names for in-place operations -- each type
does its own thing.

You mean set.intersection_update?  The in-place set methods are not hard
to remember, because they all end in _update.

For that particular type, maybe, but I wouldn't trust
that rule to extend to other types.

--
Greg