On 4/5/14 12:02 AM, Ian Kelly wrote:
A fork is undesirable because it fragments the community.  I don't
think "fear" or "panic" are the right words for it.

Yes. I get that. I think what is desired (just thinking out loud from my own vantage point) is a unified community, but also a foundation of perceived permanence. The PSF establishes this to a certain extend, as well the PEP process, and to some extent the communities willingness to support two interpreters. It looks like C python is here to stay; I can count on it for my projects years into the future.