Chris Angelico wrote:
in the dictionary I
have here (Debian Wheezy, using an American English dictionary - it's
a symlink to (ultimately) /usr/share/dict/american-english), there are
five entries in that list.

Mine's bigger than yours! On MacOSX 10.6 I get 41 words.
(I think someone must have fed a medical dictionary into
it... my list includes such obviously indispensible terms
as laparocolpohysterotomy, thyroparathyroidectomy and
ureterocystanastomosis.)

Unfortunately I seem to be missing antidisestablishmentarianism,
because the longest words in my dict are only 24 characters,
excluding the '\n'. Should I ask for my money back?

--
Greg